7/16/09

Articles of Pure Gold / Braided Hair


I am reading the book of Exodus. Chapter 25 talks about the articles of pure gold that God wants in His sanctuary. He wants His sanctuary to
be bea u ti ful! That made me think, we are His sanctuary now. As Christians, the Holy Spirit resides in us.



Are you, am I, a beautiful sanctuary for the LORD?







1 Peter 3:3-4 Your adornment must not be merely external -- braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.
NASB

The New Testament says that our beauty should come from the inside. This is something that I always need to be working on. How about you?

On a lighter note:

I like nice things. I don't always get what I like! LOL! Since reading Exodus and seeing how much God loved gold and other beautiful things, I have a new saying! When my husband and I are going someplace and I say, "I like THAT!" and then I look at the price tag and see that it is way up there, I can just say, "I'm just like my Daddy! I like nice things!" In jest of course! (If you know me, I'm the queen of cheap - I mean frugal!) I promise, I won't use this joking argument to overspend!

How has God been speaking to you lately? Please share...

1 comment:

Mary said...

What cool pictures of braided hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...