12/18/09

Thoughts From Below

Some things that I learned in the basement:

  • No matter how little you have ~ choose to give.  Give something.  If you don't have money to give, give something that belongs to you!  It's hard but soooo worth it and rewarding in the end.
  • I now appreciate all things.  I was very thankful before, but it's on a different level now!  Laundry wasn't my favorite thing to do.  Now, I appreciate the fact that I get to do laundry and in my very own washer and dryer.
  • My husband and I saw each other in a different way than we ever have.  Vulnerability...  He saw my tears and my often tear stained pillows.  (Mascarra and tears stain ~ now a constant reminder.)
  • A family can grow VERY close in a trial.  Praise the LORD, we grew together.
  • When you are in the pit, find someone who has it worse and help them!  There is always someone going through something worse than you.  Reach out to them.  We started going to the church in downtown Chicago to feed the homeless and poor.  That will change your perspective quick!
**********************************************************
I didn't get too many pictures of the house today.  I'll be honest, I was too busy enjoying myself!  The boys had friends over so I'll post a pic of them playing.  What a blessing!




1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Those are awesome thoughts!

I love that table! What a neat pattern!

Appreciate your thoughtful, thoughts!

God bless! Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...