12/23/09

When was Yeshua (Jesus) really born?

I have studied this and after looking at the evidence, have come to the conclusion for myself that He was born at the time of the Feast of Tabernacles.  That would be late September - early October.

 
You can read a great article about it here:  Was Jesus really born on December 25th?

 
Either way, I agree with the article:

 
  • Take a humble attitude about it
  • Our LORD was born and ransomed us from the wages of our sins
  • Scripture seems to be more focused on the life, death and resurrection of Yeshua (Jesus) than His birth

 I celebrate my Yeshua everyday!  I can't possibly celebrate Him any more at Christmas, Easter, Passover, or any other feast than I do every single day!

 
I love Yeshua!  He is my salvation!

 
Yeshua 
Meaning Salvation in Hebrew. Commonly replaced with Jesus, which is a greek form on the Messiah's name.

 
Yeshua was not called Yashuah, as some think, because the Seraphim did not tell Miriam that his name was Yahshua(Yahweh is our Salvation), but rather Yeshua (Salvation).
"And you shall call him SALVATION."

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Awesome!

I am going to have to take the time to read the article. (When I get time ;)

I sort of view Christmas as "when" we celebrate His birthday-knowing it is not the actual birthday.

God bless you! Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...