2/2/10

Tuesday Challenge

If I had a dime for every time a person has told me, "I just don't have the patience for that" I would be a rich woman!  Usually, it is in regards to homeschooling but, often, it is in general. 

In my head, I say, "Oh no?  That's funny, God says that you CAN have patience."  I would love to say that out loud but there is a fear that I would offend someone.  (There is a time and a place to say things. Another lesson for another day!)

I find myself working on my "patience" when I am in line.  Let me tell you, I really don't like standing in line!  That is a great place to start working on acquiring patience from the LORD.  You can pray, take deep cleansing breaths, work on your SMILE, worship God in song (maybe in your head would be best), mark things off of your list, etc.  CHILL OUT!

Just a little side note:  Don't make phone calls!  When you are checking out at the store, it is MOST rude to be talking on the phone.  This is a GREAT opportunity to be kind to the cashier.  Even if she is rude to you, you can send kindness back her way.  (That's actually kind of fun!)

In Galatians chapter 5, we are told that the Holy Spirit gives us a list of things and in that list is PATIENCE!  No kidding!  Do you have love?  Of course!  Do you have joy?  Quite often!  Are you kind or good?  Do you consider yourself faithful

Then, why would the Holy Spirit NOT give you patience?  You mean He has given you love and hasn't given you patience?  How strange!

Asking God for patience isn't asking for a death sentence.  Just start working on it.  News FLASH:  He's already given it to you if you have the Holy Spirit!  You just haven't opened up the gift!!

NASB
Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.


The Message:
Galatians 5:22-23
But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

(Tags: fruit of the Spirit, patience, Galatians 5:22, God's gifts)

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

LOVE it!

I make it a "goal" to make others day. Whether it is a teller, cashier, or the lady at the deli (we are having a HARD time with that one).

Regarding deli lady H and I have made it a mission and she is just not pleasant or receive our pleasantness when I told hubby about it he went up the next time and had her "swooning" I was at first annoyed but then I realized I HAD made her day-just through someone else.

I try to make a point to know the bank tellers names and my son always laughs because "they are like my best friends"--but it is because I took the time to make them important. I mean what better friends to have than bank tellers (and pastors wives :)

Love you lady! Praise God for His patience!

momtofivekids said...

I've had so many people say that to me in regards to homeschooling! Great post!

Lady Claudette said...

Great post :) I totally agree that asking for patience isn't a death sentence. On the contrary, it's a wonderful blessing when God builds character into your life and helps us to grow :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...