9/30/11

What does your name mean?


What's in a name?

Juliet:


"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Your name is important!  That is how people know you and call you.  As soon as someone hears your name, what image comes to their mind?  ...may not actually want to know that!

I looked up the meaning of my name and was quite pleased:
Janet

God's Gracious Gift
Origin: English

You can look up your name too at http://www.name-meanings.com/.

I was watching TV the other night and a girl said her name was Latrina.  I looked at my husband and said, "As in latrine? Toilet?"  So, while I was looking up names, I looked this one up and here is what http://www.babynamer.com/ said:

"the name of the Greek goddess of magic. Another possible source is katateinô, the Greek word for torture. "

Wow, that's worse than I thought!  We really do need to be careful when naming our children!

I was wondering what name means, "God's gift?"  This is what I found:

AnjeanetteGift of God's favor. Blend of Ann and Janet.



What does your name mean?  Do share!

Here is a BEAUTIFUL video about your name:





2 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

White wave...interesting!

Kathleen said...

My mother used to tell me that my name was all I really owned. It was her way of reminding me of how valuable is character.

Kathleen = pure. I pray to fill that context to the brim as I grow more to be as Christ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...