11/21/12

The Journey to My Gift ~ Part 2



You can find The Journey to My Gift ~ Part 1 here: my testimony

...Sure enough, they had just what I needed so I set out on my journey.  The journey that I will never, ever forget! 

What does a woman do in the car when she is all by herself?  Well, some would talk on the phone, not me! I don't like talking on the phone.  Some would listen to the radio, not me! Most of the time it just sounds like noise to me.  What did I do, you say? Worshiped.  I am a worshiper.  I know that everyone has different gifts, talents, abilities, and ways that they wired by God.  Each person is unique in design and make-up, and I am a worshiper.

I worshiped for about an hour and then I listened to part of a sermon for the remainder of my time in the car. I'm not even sure what the sermon was about but I do remember the part that impacted my life.  He said, what they do to you is out of your control. It's how you respond to them that matters.  When someone is talking negative (or nasty even) to you, how you respond is between you and God.  The preacher went on to give examples, most of which I didn't relate to but I tucked his words away in my heart anyway.

After a beautiful hour and a half or worship and connecting with God, I arrived at my destination.  I went in and (Praise the LORD) found what I had driven all the way there to get.  I decided that while I am there, I should stretch my legs and look around for a few minutes.  I really didn't NEED anything.

A woman walked down the isle toward me and I couldn't help but notice that she looked familiar.  Now, we used to live in this area of the state so I started going through my memories to find her.  Sure enough, I realized that I used to go to church with her and said hello.  

For some reason, she didn't act like she wanted to talk to me.  ??? (I realized later why.) So, I decided that I wouldn't receive her negativity and I would praise her and pass my joy on to her.  Finally, after a few minutes of conversation, she warmed up to me and even opened up to me a bit.

I left the store happy that I had a positive impact on someone who was sick and tired and mostly negative.  As soon as I got in my car, the thought entered my mind as to what my past was with that woman. It wasn't good. I will just say that.

After I realized that my past with that woman wasn't pleasant, THEN I realized why she didn't want to talk to me!  I also realized that she didn't know that I didn't remember and thought I was being very nice to her regardless.  Praise the Lord!  He is sooooo good!  I'll be honest here, if I had remembered who she was and what she had done, I probably would have just left well enough alone.  Lesson learned.

As I headed home, I called my husband to let him know how amazing God was.  I no sooner told him about my "test" and all of a sudden my car quit!  I totally lost power...couldn't steer...no gas.  I quickly hung up the phone, pulled into the nearest drive (which was an EXIT!), and began to pray.  



This journey will have an impact on my Spiritual life ~ for the rest of my life!


Jesus Himself said:
"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." Mark 11:24





1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Well, you better hurry up with the rest of the story :) lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...