5/19/16

No amount of sugar in the world - My coffee story



You know how the old song goes.... just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down....  I apologize.  Now it's stuck in your head. ;)

So I got up and poured my morning brew.  The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and everything was right in the my world.... until.... I took .... my first .... sip....

My thoughts... welcome to my brain!
This coffee just didn't taste right.  Well, give it a chance you just woke up.  Ok.  Sip.... ew!  Something's not right.  ....thinking... name brand coffee: check.  Sugar: check.  Creamer: check.  Ok well, just go brew another cup.  Maybe something was in the bottom of this cup and you didn't see it.

I went to the kitchen, stumbled my way to the Keurig, put in a new pod, dumped out the nasty, and brewed another cup.  Sugar: check.  Creamer: check.  Smell coffee: EWWWW!

Ok, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box first thing in the morning but by now I'm starting to realize that maybe it's something I'm doing.  Sure enough, I smelled the creamer and it went sour.

NO amount of sugar in the world can cover that up!  I don't care how much you dump into that cup, it is sour.

Have you ever had a day like that?  A day that no amount of sugar can cover up your sour attitude?  So what does it take if the almighty, addictive sugar can't do it?

It takes intentionality.  You have to do things on purpose!  Don't let that sour attitude run your day or your life.  Sure things happen that may spoil the moment but in order for it to not spoil our day, our week, or our life, we have to take that thing captive and get it out!

Make up your mind to BE POSITIVE.  Fill the air with beautiful music.  Open the windows.  Buy YOURSELF some flowers if no one else is going to do it.  Pray!  Talk to your creator.  Don't know what to say?  Start off by telling Him how beautiful those flowers are and go from there.

What do you do to get the sour out of your milk life?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...