10/7/09

He Loves Me... He loves me not...


You know, I was having a bit of a pity party yesterday. (If you read my "Simple Woman's" post from yesterday, you'll see what I mean.) Well, we went to Bible study last night and during the small group prayer time, my husband said for everyone to pray for the person to your left.

He asked our group of 4 if anyone had any special prayer requests. I said that I had a kind of a cruddy day. I reassured them that it wasn't the boys rather, it was my own brain! The prayers for the person to your left began. An older woman to my right began to lift me up to the LORD. The first thing she prayed for was EXACTLY what I was hurting over. I knew I hadn't told her and that the Holy Spirit had. Of course, I began to cry... again. I knew that it was God's message to me that He is fully aware and sympathetic to my needs.

As if that weren't enough, I was talking to God as I was loading the dishwasher after church. This is what was going through my head. You know, God made me this way. He made me to want to nest. I can't help it, I'm a woman and I want to "make" a home for our family. It's something that is inside me...

Right after I loaded the dishwasher, I went to my email and read a comment that a reader had left on my blog. Linda C. said, "Thanks for sharing your heart with us! I know that your sacrifice for this season will be blessed. It is hard for a woman not to have her own home to "nest", but I know the Lord is and will bless you and your family!" (Thank you for that, Linda.)

Can you say, humbled and excited? That post was put there long before I was talking to God but He knew when I would be talking to Him about nesting and spoke to me through Linda C. I was so reassured by my Father that He realizes that I have a need to nest a home and that He's on it!!


He loves me... (as if there were ever a question...)

2 comments:

Deborah Ann said...

I have Holy Spirit goosebumps! Isn't it amazing how God speaks to us when we desperately need Him to?

Beautiful Mess said...

Isn't it so awesome when the LORD meets us there in our need. Wow!

Thank you for sharing!

Praying blessings!!! and a nest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...