11/27/10

I was a Black Friday rebel!



That's right!  I said it.  I'm rebellious!

What?  A rebellious Pastor's wife?  Well... that goes against Scripture!

I rebelled against Black Friday.  I am so sick of the hoopla that I refused to spend a dime on Black Friday.  People around here are sick ~ runnin each other over to get through the door of Target.  Sick!

Truth?  The boys and I went to Chicago to see Great Granny and the car was on empty.  I HAD to fill it up.  Sigh... I spent $43.  Then, on the way home, the boys wanted shakes from Wendy's and I had a hankerin for French fries.  Ok, I spent almost $50 on Black Friday.  BUT, it wasn't on junk!

Did you buy junk on Black Friday?  Did you run someone over to get into a store?  (Just kiddin.  I know how Holy my readers are!)

4 comments:

April said...

Well, I shopped, but it wasn't Black Friday shopping. We ran into our small town (pop. under 3000) to get a few things we were out of. I didn't even check the ads. But, I found a great find anyway, a huge piece of fabric to recover my dining room set and piano bench with, for $5. Wasn't even looking for it. One of our little stores had it down a row by the bath towels.
I just don't see the need to shop all night long, wait in lines and witness fights over material objects at a discount. After all, my time is worth something too!!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Well I have never shopped on Black Friday...my teen boys did one year for the fun of it, but that didn't continue. Instead we headed to a Heritage Thanksgiving Festival...which is awesome.

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and by passed the stores!

Shawn said...

Nope, No shopping for me on Black Friday! My daughter-in-law was going out at midnight, one of my daughters at 3am..me, I stay home!!!

Shawn

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

I made the mistake of going out one time for Black Friday. Never again! Not at traditional stores anyway. My daughter and I did stop by our favorite local thrift store. They had their own Black Friday deal...20% off the already cheap prices. How could I resist? :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...