5/18/13

Don't Blame Me!



Have you ever heard or said, "Don't blame me!" when someone accused you of something you didn't do?  I've said that countless times.  Or how many times have you heard a child say, "It's not my fault?"

Isn't it refreshing to know that even though it wasn't Jesus' fault, he went to the cross for us?  Wow, now that's love.  I am so thankful He didn't say, "It's not my fault!"

So often, God gets a bad wrap, even from His children... His followers... His well meaning disciples.  God gets the blame but He doesn't scream, "Don't blame me!"  Time after time I've heard people, both Christians and people who don't know Him yet, say that it's God's fault that something terrible happened to them.

Maybe they got sick, maybe their child got hurt, or maybe even someone died and who got the blame? My precious, loving Savior.

Savior... we call Him Savior because He.... saves.  Sing it now, "Jesus saves... Jesus saves...!"

Here's a familiar verse:
Luke 2:11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

Who said that?  An angel came from Heaven and that is what he said to the shepherds to announce the birth of Jesus, our Savior.  Hallelujah!

Here is the dictionary definition of the word "Savior."


sav·ior  

/ˈsāvyər/
Noun
  1. A person who saves someone or something (esp. a country or cause) from danger, and who is regarded with the veneration of a religious...
  2. (in Christianity) God or Jesus Christ as the redeemer of sin and saver of souls.
Synonyms
saviour - redeemer - rescuer - saver
Oh wow!  That is beautiful.  But it get's even MORE beautiful!!

If you look that English word "Savior" up (from Luke 11:2) in the Strong's Concordance, this is the definition of the word:

G4990
σωτήρ
sōtēr
so-tare'
From G4982; a deliverer, that is, God or Christ: - saviour.

Hallelujah!  Can it get any better?  Yes it can!

Let's look at the word that "soter" came from .  You see where it says, "From G4982?"  That is the root word.  

G4982
σώζω
sōzō
sode'-zo
From a primary word σῶς sōs̄ (contraction for the obsolete σάος saos, “safe”); to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

I told you it gets even better!  Did you read that?  An angel sent from Heaven said that a Savior (a redeemer, rescuer, saver, one who saves, delivers, protects, heals, preserves, saves, does well, and make whole) is born and He is Christ our Lord!


Hallelujah!  I'm high on the Spirit now!  Stirred up! 

Jesus is the One who saves us.
Jesus is the One who delivers us.
Jesus is the One who protects us.
Jesus is the One who heals us.
Jesus is the One who preserves us.
Jesus is the One who does well to us.
Jesus is the One who makes us whole.


If Jesus is our healer, deliverer, protector... Savior (He is mine), who does get the blame?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

... you are such an encouragement. I absolutely love your heart for your family and your gift of writing. I am going after the joy of mom in my life. And I could use your gift. To share your wisdom, encouragement, and joy of mom.

So, I am trying something new. Posting on my lil' blog about mom. Momma notes. Would you consider joining me and sharing a post from your blog. It doesn't have to be a new post. There are so many on your blog I could choose. Simple mom words.

Monday I will have a linky thingie. My hope is that we can be encouraged and encourage other moms.

If I did it right, you can find it here ...
http://www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...