6/9/11

The Anointing




The anointing of the Holy Spirit


"The anointing of the Holy Spirit is given through people to demonstrate God's love and power. Christ means the "Anointed One". Because Christ is in us the same anointing that He had on earth we also have."


My husband has a special anointing.  He does all of the following and I'd like to give a testimony of that.

Yesterday, I woke up with a shoulder pain.  I don't know what I did, but it felt like the front of the inside was out of place.  As we sat on the couch with our morning coffee, watching a "preaching show" I told him about my pain.  He said, "Well let's pray right now!"

He touched my shoulder and prayed a prayer of healing over me.  A few hours later I noticed that the pain was gone.  Not only was the pain gone, but I could move my arm all around my head.  (Normally, this same pain will last me for weeks.)

I don't usually need a prayer for healing.  I know many people who have had my husband pray over them for healing, jobs and other situations and it was done just as he asked.  I know one person who was healed from cancer, one was going blind, one had a shattered hip... and the list goes on.  One person needed a job and after prayer, walked out of my husbands office, crossed the street and got TWO jobs at the same time.


(Luke 4:18-19 NKJV) "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; {19} To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD."
1. The anointing is given to preach the gospel to the poor2. The anointing is given to heal and restore people3. The anointing is given to proclaim freedom to the captives4. The anointing is given to open blind eyes5. The anointing is given to set people free6. The anointing flows in God's timing and proclaims God's timingQuotes from: Seek God Ministries

I thank God for my husband and for the anointing on his life.  He is an awesome man of God.  Our home is blessed.  Our children are blessed.  Our marriage is blessed.

There is hope in Jesus Christ.  Because of Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, there is healing.  There is peace.  There is prosperity.  There is HOPE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...