6/6/11

Know it all?




Teen-agers often act like they "know it all."  Have you ever heard them say, "I KNOW!  I KNOW!  I KNOW!" and you know full well that they don't?  That was me.  I thought I knew.  


As I grew up, I quickly learned that I don't know much!  Because of life circumstances, I have learned some things!


I have been in both places, abundance and suffering need.  If you need some encouragement because of life circumstances, please don't hesitate to ask!


Bible Verse:
Philippians 4:12 (bold print mine)
I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.



My experiences:


I know how to live in a big beautiful home with bathrooms as big as some kitchens.
And I know how to turn a laundry room into make-shift kitchen/bathroom while living in a basement.

I know what it's like to have a pantry and freezer full of food.
And I know what it's like to sell my blood to get money for food.

I know how to live on an income that most people dream of.
And I know how to live on $12,000 a year for a family of 4 with no food stamps or assistance.

I know what it's like to have a beautiful master suite with a whirlpool tub and walk-in closet.
And I know what it's like to use a bed-side potty for a toilet (I'll leave out the details).

I know how to cry real tears to God and beg Him to move in our behalf.
And I know how to speak in FAITH to God and watch Him move in our behalf.



Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to Godmust believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

3 comments:

Janine Claire Robinson said...

A powerful reminder.

Kathleen said...

The longer I live the more I realize how much I don't know.

When I look back at how dense or unintelligent I thought my parents were in my teens, I can now see the wisdom of their ways. It is often how I remind myself of God's wisdom too: I may not understand it YET, but one day I'll be so glad to have obeyed Him.

Beautiful Mess said...

Praise God! So right there with you sister! All my love in prayer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...