4/26/13

Are you a doubter? Don't believe in miracles or healing?



Hey you!  Yeah, I'm talking to the one who doubts.  I have a message to you from God.  I stopped what I was doing to come and write this.  I will obey.

You don't believe in miracles?
You don't believe that God still miraculously heals?
You say that He only heals Spiritually?

I'm here to confront some of your doubts with the Word of God.

Psalm 103:1-5 (bold mine)
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.


One of the benefits of the Lord is that He forgives ALL sins. (That is Spiritual.)
Another benefit is that He heals ALL diseases. (That's physical.)

So you say, if healings and miracles still happen today, why aren't people going into the hospitals and healing the sick?  Why do we even have hospitals? (I used to think these same thoughts.)

Mark 6:5And He could do no miracle there except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them.

Matthew 13:58And He did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.

Jesus, entered His home town and couldn't do miracles.  He entered His home town and could only heal a few sick.  ONLY?  Yes, only.  If we were only healing a few sick, we'd be ecstatic! He couldn't!  Not "wouldn't!"  The Word says that Jesus, the maker of the universe "couldn't!"  

So why could He "only heal a few sick people?" It's right there in the Word, because of their unbelief... lack of faith.

So, why didn't Jesus Himself go into the hospitals and heal all of the sick?  Actually, He healed many, many, who came to Him.  THEY CAME TO HIM. They desired healing.  They had faith.  How many times did He say to them, "your faith has healed you"?  What has healed them?  Their faith.  It's in the Word. Look for yourself.

I know many people who refuse to believe that their faith has anything to do with their own healing. And guess what?  They walk around sick.  They aren't healed. 

Again I say, what does the Word say?

Not only do these same people walk around sick, but they go to the doctor, get medicine, and surgery!  Now tell me, who did they put their faith in?  They had faith!  It was put in the wrong person/thing.  

Again I say, what does the Word say?

James 5:14Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.

Are you sick?  What does the Word say to do?  It's right there in James 5:14. 

I'll tell you what it doesn't say:
It doesn't say walk around proclaiming and bragging about your illness to everyone. People everywhere saying, "I have cancer, I have a cold, I have this disease, I have that virus..."  You have what you say! (Another topic for another day.)

Not once do I hear these same people saying, "I am healed.  God has healed me; it's already done!  I have faith that God is healing me!"

These same people take a boat load of pills, sign up for surgery, make numerous visits to the doctor and don't take James 5:14 into account.  It doesn't say to go to the doctor first.  It doesn't say to pump man made chemicals that mask the symptoms into your body.  

What does the Word say?

Does it say that it is an option to call on the elders for prayer? Does it say to doubt when receiving elder prayer?  Does it say that the prayer MAY restore the one who is sick?  

What else does the Word say?

The last part of that verse says AND... and is a conjunction.  Remember conjunction junction what's your function?  It connects that last part of the sentence with the preceding part.

And what?  And, if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.  

What?  Sins are connected with sickness and disease?  

What does the Word say?

You MUST go to the elders for prayer.
The prayer offered in faith WILL restore the one who is sick.
His sins will be forgiven.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...