4/26/13

I know how to...live



I wrote this a while ago and just came across it again.  As our family moves into, yet, another phase of life, I echo the following statements:

Philippians 4:12 (bold print mine)
I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

My experiences:
I know how to live in a big beautiful home with bathrooms as big as some kitchens.
And I know how to turn a laundry room into make-shift kitchen/bathroom while living in a basement.

I know what it's like to have a pantry and freezer full of food.
And I know what it's like to sell my blood to get money for food.

I know how to live on an income that most people dream of.
And I know how to live on (less than) $12,000 a year for a family of 4 with no food stamps or assistance.

I know what it's like to have a beautiful master suite with a whirlpool tub and walk-in closet.
And I know what it's like to use a bed-side potty for a toilet (I'll leave out the details).

I know how to cry real tears to God and beg Him to move in our behalf.
And I know how to speak in FAITH to God and watch Him move in our behalf.


Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...