4/26/13

I love looking at the Hebrew of Bible verses!



Digging in is what I call it!  I get out my e-sword.net or my app "KJV+" and start digging to see what the Hebrew and Greek words are in the Bible verses/chapters/books that I am reading.

I can't sit through a sermon or do my daily reading without digging. It's a passion; it inspires me.  I love it!

Today, I am "dissecting" Proverbs 24:304

By wisdom a house is built,
And by understanding it is established;
And by knowledge the rooms are filled
With all precious and pleasant riches.

Wisdom: skillful, wisdom, wisely, wit.
House: a house (especially family, etc.)
Built: to build (literally and figuratively): - (begin to) build (-er), obtain children, make, repair, set (up), surely
Understanding: intelligence; by implication an argument; by extension caprice: - discretion, reason, skilfulness, understanding, wisdom.
Established: to be erect, to set up, in a great variety of applications, whether literal (establish, fix, prepare, apply), or figurative (appoint, render sure, proper or prosperous): direct, faithfulness, fashion, ordain, order, perfect, (make) preparation, prepare, be stable...

Knowledge means: ...knowledge! but comes from a word that means: observation, care, recognition; and causatively instruction, designation, punishment, etc. appoint, be aware, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, instruct, (cause to, let, make) know, teach, (can) tell, understand, have [understanding], etc.
Rooms (mean rooms)
Filled: be full of, accomplish, confirm, + consecrate, fill, fulfil, [over-] flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), replenish, satisfy,  + have wholly...etc.
All: properly the whole; hence all, any or every. (Imagine that! All means all!)
Precious: valuable, brightness, costly, excellent, fat, honourable women, precious, reputation.
Pleasant: delightful, pleasant (-ure), sweet.
Riches: wealth; by implication enough: - enough, + for nought, riches, substance, wealth.

Wow!  That puts a very simple Bible verse under a microscope where you can see so much more!

Hallelujah!  I receive Your Word Lord.  Thank You Jesus!  Your Word is truth and You are the Word!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...