Are you sitting or serving?
Do you go into church each Sunday, sit down and say, "feed me pastor"? Do you find your friends and hang out in a little group and chat? Do you run in at the last minute and skip out before anyone can get to you?
What DO you do when you get to church? If you don't have responsibilities, have you asked how you can serve?
Some people don't even realize that there is plenty to do before and after the service. I just thought I'd let you know!
Here are some suggestions just in case you aren't sure what needs to be done:
- It would be great if you found your pastor or administrative assistant and asked, "What can I do to help?"
- You could put your Bible down somewhere and walk around greeting people.
- Ask people about their week and give some encouragement.
- Find people with struggles and pray with them.
- People aren't your thing? Make copies for a teacher.
- Make coffee for the teachers and staff.
- Help the sound people.
- Pass out praise banners to the kids.
- See if the pastor needs a bottle of water at his pulpit.
There are million things that you can do to serve. Find out what your spiritual gifts are and ask your pastor or administrator to plug you into the ministry.
Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing. Psalm 100:2
Do SOMETHING! Don't just sit there.
Photo from google images