8/29/12

The Simple Woman's Daybook August 29, 2012




For Today... (Which was yesterday!)

Outside my window... beautiful woods and warm air, perfect weather.
   
   I am thinking...  about these Siamese twin girls that I am watching on TV with my son.  He loves people so much and is very curious about how they function, how many hearts they have, etc.  
   
 I am thankful for... learning the power of speaking God's Word out loud.  Wow!
   
 From the kitchen... homemade waffles for breakfast.  I used an old recipe that doesn't use sugar.  Just the good stuff!
     
 I am creating... new jewelry designs.  A lady at church turned 80 and I made her a long necklace, chandelier earrings (she likes that), and a bracelet with a tiny princess charm.
   
I am going... well... I'm hoping to go back to the Indiana Dunes State Park so the boys can climb up some of those big hills again.  ( See my post here. )
   
I am reading... Proverbs and I am loving it!  I just finished reading Galatians through Jude.  That was a treat since I like to stay in the Old Testament.  
 
 I am hoping... to start home parties for my Jewelry Business. That will be a blast and very successful!
   
I am hearing... my son talking to his dad in the other room.  Sweet...
   
Around the house... normal stuff.  So glad for that!
    
One of my favorite things... serving dinner to the poor and homeless downtown Chicago as a family and as a church family.  We went this week and it was quite a night.  The boys get educated on city life and on people who have given everything for drugs, sex, and alcohol.  We get to be the hands, feet, and mouths of Jesus.  In the past couple of weeks, three people have accepted Christ as their Savior, 1 person got delivered of 3 demons, and hugs all around to some lovely people who just needed a friend.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week... hopefully a normal week full of God's blessing and favor.  
He is so good to us.
 
Here is a picture thought I am sharing... from my garden.  I picked this all in one day!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...