When I was a child and got a bee sting, my Mom made a past of baking soda and put it on to sooth the sting.
Keep your house smelling good ~ Naturally!
- Put baking soda or vinegar with lemon juice in a small bowl or dish to absorb odors around the house.
- Get smells out of plastic containers by soaking them in a water and baking soda mix overnight.
- Freshen your carpet by sprinkling baking soda on it and vacuum up a while later. (test in a small spot first)
- Clean out a drain by pouring about 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain and then 1/2 cup vinegar. It will bubble and fizz breaking down the gunk! About 10-20 minutes later, pour hot water down the drain. (be careful of hot water with plastic pipes and don't mix other chemicals like drain cleaners)
- Sprinkle in bottom of garbage pail to keep it fresh.
- Scrub sinks, bathtubs and toilets with baking soda and vinegar. Sprinkle soda on surface, spray with vinegar/water solution, scrub and rinse.
- Clean your dishwasher. Run an empty cycle using just baking soda instead of detergent.
- Mix with water to wash chemicals and waxes off of fruits and veggies.
- Deter ants in garden. Surround with a line of baking soda.
- Shine chrome with baking soda and water.
- Mix baking soda and water (I like to add a small amount of conditioner) and scrub the wax buildup out of your hair.